Children's Faith Formation
Contact John Sweet - Director of Religious Education
Children's Faith Formation – 2020-2021
Due to these challenging times, all students (Kindergarten - 5th Grade) will be on Home Study for this year. Textbooks and other materials will be available for pick up soon after you register.
- Each student will receive
- a textbook
- a calendar template for completing chapters
- chapter reviews will serve as proof a chapter was completed – chapter reviews will be collected to be turned in at the end of the year.
- Parents will receive
- Parent Handbook for home study with online access to lesson plans for them to guide their children through the textbook.
In addition, families will receive the following:
- Emails will be sent to families seasonally. Emails will include
- suggested activities for families,
- parent articles about topics such as family life, domestic church, raising your children catholic, and passing on the faith
- additional activities and projects that can be easily incorporated into the home learning experience
- Online access to CatholicBrain.com, which provides the daily scripture readings for children, a daily video reflection, daily saint of the day video, and a quiz of the day. In addition, there are many other supplemental videos and activities for children as we go through the year. These will be highlighted and recommended on a regular basis through the emails.
It is the hope that shortly after the new year, we would be able to gather families for a few events to provide some in-person activities: learning, sharing, and communal praying. These are not scheduled at this time.
Faith Formation Fee: $25 (please note: fees can be waived if needed - contact Director of Christian Formation)
Sacrament Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist
Instead of beginning in the Fall as we have in the past, we will begin in the winter (Jan/Feb 2021) with the hope that we will be able to more easily have in-person family gatherings and more families will be attending Mass on a regular basis.
Sacrament Preparation Materials Fee: $50 (please note: fees can be waived if needed - contact Director of Christian Formation)
Registration has closed. Please call the office to register or email John Sweet at [email protected].