Children's Faith Formation
Contact John Sweet - Director of Religious Education
Children's Faith Formation – 2020-2021
Due to these challenging times, all students (Kindergarten - 5th Grade) will be on Home Study for this year. Textbooks and other materials will be available for pick up beginning October 1, 2020.
- Each student will receive
- a textbook
- a calendar template for completing chapters
- chapter reviews will serve as proof a chapter was completed – chapter reviews will be collected to be turned in at the end of the year.
- Parents will receive
- Parent Handbook for home study with online access to lesson plans for them to guide their children through the textbook.
In addition, families will receive the following:
- Emails will be sent to families every other week. Emails will include
- suggested activities for families,
- parent articles about topics such as family life, domestic church, raising your children catholic, and passing on the faith
- additional activities and projects that can be easily incorporated into the home learning experience
- Online access to CatholicBrain.com, which provides the daily scripture readings for children, a daily video reflection, daily saint of the day video, and a quiz of the day. In addition, there are many other supplemental videos and activities for children as we go through the year. These will be highlighted and recommended on a regular basis through the emails.
It is the hope that shortly after the new year, we would be able to gather families for a few events to provide some in-person activities: learning, sharing, and communal praying. These are not scheduled at this time.
Sacrament Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist
Instead of beginning in the Fall as we have in the past, we will begin in the winter (Jan/Feb 2021) with the hope that we will be able to more easily have in-person family gatherings and more families will be attending Mass on a regular basis.
Online Registration for all programs is now open. Go HERE to access the registration form.