Sacrament of Confirmation
Direct your questions regarding confirmation to Mike School ([email protected]), this year's confirmation leader.
- Family should be registered at St. Mary's Church.
- Family should be participating in the life of the parish, particularly regular attendance at Mass.
- Teens must have been baptized Roman Catholic and should have celebrated the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist. **
- Teens must be in the 10th grade or above.
- Teens must be registered for and participating in either the parish faith formation program or attend a Catholic school, during a sacramental preparaton year. This is the Bishop's requirement.
Dates and details about confirmation preparation during 2023-2024 are below:
October 29, 2023-Orientation- 12:30pm-2pm
January 8-11 (evening) and January 14 (morning through afternoon), 2024-Confirmation Interviews *(There will be a time-slot sign-up.)
January 27, 2024-Confirmation Retreat-10am-6:30pm (at St. Mary's.)
February 4, February 25, March 3, March 24, April 14, April 21, 2024-Confirmation Sessions- 12:30pm-2:30pm
**Children and youth age 8 and over who have not been baptized or who have been baptized in another faith should call the Parish Office prior to registering. The adapted RCIA program may be the preparation process for you.
Contact Pat Novak - (804) 740-4044, ext. 113
Many adult Catholics, for one reason or another, have never been confirmed. If you have been baptized Catholic and received Communion, but were never confirmed, please give Pat Novak a call at the Parish Office for more information and to register for this process.