Sacrament of Baptism
Contact Pat Novak - (804) 740-4044, ext. 113
Baptism Weekends 2021
As we look to the celebration of Baptism in 2021, here is the list of Baptism weekend dates:
- January 16/17
- February 6/7
- April 10/11
- May 22/23
- June 26/27
- August 14/15
- October 2/3
- November 13/14
What is offered each weekend:
- Schedule your child's baptism at one of these weekend Masses:
5:30 pm Saturday Evening 9:00 am or 11:30 am Sunday Morning
- Schedule a private Baptism with a Deacon on the Saturday of the weekends above. Private Baptisms are scheduled between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
Click here to download the Registration Form to be completed and returned to the Parish Office, ATTN: Pat Novak.
We welcome your child to be baptized at St. Mary's. Whenever we welcome new life, our life as a faith community is enhanced. Parents, godparents, and the community promise to share the joys and challenges of living our Catholic faith.
As a Sacrament of Initiation, Baptism is the first step in our life-long journey of faith. Parents who decide to have their baby baptized are also choosing to share their own faith by the example of their words and actions. Baptism, then, makes visible your commitment and that of the godparents you choose, to the ongoing growth in faith of your child. A faith that is alive and active is "caught" more than it is "taught."
We hope that this time of preparation and celebration will be an opportunity for you to both reflect on your faith and to renew your commitment to living out your chosen responsibilities. May you understand as addressed to you the words of Christ to His disciples: "Teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you. And know that I am with you always...."
- In compliance with diocesan policy, parents are expected to participate in two baptismal preparation sessions prior to scheduling their child's baptism.
- The family of the child to be baptized is to be a registered member of St. Mary's Parish for at least three months.
- Baptism initiates a child into the faith community of the Catholic Church. It is celebrated in the midst of the parish community, whose presence witnesses its willingness to support and encourage its newest members and their parents. Therefore, Baptism is celebrated during our weekend Eucharistic Liturgies.
- The fee for baptismal materials is $30. Payment may be made during the preparation meeting.
- Parents will need to call Pat Novak at the Parish Office to register for Baptismal Sessions.