Vacation Bible School
Join us for Roar VBS!
At Roar VBS, kids discover that God is good even when life get wild! Kids participate in memorable Bible-learning activities, sing catchy songs, play teamwork-building games, devour yummy snack, experience one-of-a-kind Wild Bible Adventures, collect Bible Memory Buddies to remind them of God’s love, and use their imagination to create wonderful art projects they’ll take home. Plus, kids will learn to look for evidence of God all around them through something called God Sightings. Each day concludes with the Safari Celebration that gets everyone involved in living what they’ve learned by reviewing the day and participating in movement and song.
Vacation Bible School is open to all children, ages 4 (by July 1) through 5th grade (Fall, 2019). The cost is $20 per child. There is an option to purchase a music CD for $5 which contains all of the music used throughout the week.
VBS REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED.
With over 200 children and almost 100 youth helpers participating, it takes many, many adults to have our Vacation Bible School run smoothly and safely, while providing a fun learning environment for our children. Please consider volunteering to help at our VBS this year!
NEW THIS YEAR ...
- Adults volunteering for 3 or more days will receive a complimentary CD of the Vacation Bible School music.
- Adults volunteering for all 5 days receive a free child's registration ($20 value) in addition to the complimentary CD.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities ...
- Grade Level Leaders - group of adults who lead a group of children to the various activity sites of the day.
- 4 Year Old Program - Adults willing to help with the self-contained younger children's program - does not participate with the larger Bible School program.
- Nursery Leaders - two adults willing to staff our nursery, which is only open to those who are volunteering. The nursery is open on an "as needed" basis.
- Games Site Leaders - Lead our grade level groups in a game that relates to the theme of the day and also show a video that connects the participants with real kids and their experiences.
- Arts/Crafts Site Leaders - Coordinate and create art/crafts that connect with the theme of day. Looking for creative, crafty, "Pinterest" type people.
- Snack Room Coordinators - Help plan the snacks for the day, as well as shop. Lead volunteers who come for the day.
- Snack Room Assistants - Help the coordinator in setting up, cleaning up, and serving the snacks for each group.
In addition, we need help setting up for VBS, help cleaning up after VBS, and Pre-VBS decoration makers (we give you the materials and instructions).
To sign up, visit our ADULT VBS SIGN UP PAGE.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All adults who volunteer for Vacation Bible School must, in accordance with the Diocese of Richmond policies, be screened and have completed the Virtus Training Program before Vacation Bible School. Please visit the Diocesan Safe Environment page for information and to complete the registration process. When you register for Virtus, you will also submit a background screening form.
We rely on the many young people who give of their time and talent to help make the VBS week successful! Young people who are rising 6th graders (Fall, 2019) through High School are able to participate.
Due to the large numbers, we will accept those who are able to volunteer for the entire week, before allowing individuals who cannot commit to the entire week. Once we reach our youth volunteer limit, we will close sign ups.
Registration to volunteer must be completed by a parent. The Participant and Youth Volunteer forms have been combined. You can register online here.