Getting to Know The Knights Of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus was founded in 1882 by Fr. Michael J. McGivney to help Catholic men remain steadfast in their faith through mutual encouragement, to promote closer fraternal ties among its members, and to provide for widows and children of deceased members. The Msgr. Charles A. Kelly Jr. Council 14129 of the Knights of Columbus was founded in 2006 to serve the St. Mary’s Catholic Community (Parish and School) and its families. The Council is open to any practicing Catholic male, 18 years or older.
Buy Christmas Cards & Get to Know the Knights
10/ 31 and 11/1 Outside Church After Masses
The Knights of Columbus will be selling Christmas Cards after Mass on October 31st and November 1st outside the Church’s main entrance. Stop by, buy your Christmas cards, meet and learn about the Knights.
Learn how you can help, how you can serve your St. Mary’s Community in a greater way, and what it means to be a Knight.
Christmas Cards can we preordered my emailing or calling Mike Chiffolo at 804 720-4345 or at [email protected]. Preorders can be picked up either after masses that weekend, or we’ll arrange to get them to you. Download the flyer here.
How Do We Serve
We support local and national charities through fundraising, donations, and manpower support. Over the past year, we have:
- Awarded annually $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding high school senior, as well as, recognize a Young Man & a Young Woman of the
- Sponsored St. Mary’s Middle School Dances where proceeds are donated to a charity chosen by the
- As a result of our annual dinners, including Italian Night, Polish Night, Irish Night, we donated $3,855 to (KOVAR, a Virginia Knights of Columbus Charity serving people with intellectual disabilities, provides financial assistance through grants and home loans.)
- Donated $1,000 annually to St. Mary’s Building Fund and now School Building
- Supported Food for Families with donations to Feed More and Little Sisters of the Poor; Caritas, sponsored St. Mary’s quarterly blood
- Supported Marches For Life, Special Olympics, and Virginia Knights of Columbus Charities, Inc. (VKCCI), a tax- exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization that helps people in need throughout Virginia with a $1,000.00 donation.
- We supported a Habitat for Humanity build with manpower and $1,000.00 in donations.
- In the past we helped raise $140,000 for Little Sisters of the Poor by providing significant support for the French Food
- In 2019, St. Mary’s KOC directly contributed over $12,000 and 6,385 man hours to charitable causes.
At the national level - In 2018, the Knights of Columbus gave over $185 million to charity and donated over 76.7 million hours of hands-on service.